While there are live-streaming platforms that let you broadcast from multiple sources, the "enterprise-level" requirements to make them work are still quite limiting for the typical mainstream consumer. However, our guys at WYLog Labs have developed a simple solution using our sister company EvoStream's proprietary high-speed, low latency and resource-efficient media streaming server. It can also work with Unity 3D Game Engine to enable a full VR experience, should you fancy to use the technology. We made it work together and called it EvoLive.
How EvoLive works
EvoLive lets multiple users simultaneously live-stream from different sources (desktop/mobile webcams, live feed and local files multimedia and video) into a customisable interface that you can configure according to your desired application. Here are some features at your developer's disposal:
- Low-latency, resource-efficient and secure media streaming service via EvoStream Media Server
- Adapter/connector function using the Unity 3D Game Engine
- 360° video perspectives
- Smooth video chatting and video playback
- Virtual reality enablement
Here are a few potential scenarios and examples of how EvoLive could be applied in the real world:
From now on, people won’t have to leave their home anymore to take a tour at their favorite sites. EvoLive allows tour guides to share their surroundings through a 360° video stream. Viewers on the other end can ask real-time questions as if they were right there. You can also add more features like 3D maps, GPS-enabled route planners and information widgets about tourist attractions, in case you intend to build a digital travel itinerary platform.
EvoLive: The live-streaming enabler to integrate your broadcast with 360° videos and VR
- Broadcast 360° live videos on 3D and up to 4K resolution: Give users a more visual and exciting way to share and experience 360° videos by incorporating graphical elements, user interfaces and 3D modelling.
- Enhance your streaming experience with virtual reality (VR): When designed to be used for VR-ready hardware and peripherals, users would be able to immerse in a fully 360° VR experience.
- Stream various media formats from various sources: Hosting smooth video calls from your IP camera, smartphone and sharing screens while playing local multimedia files or flashing presentations to your friends or colleagues are now made easier to manage.
Imagine your application empowered by this advanced multi-live-streaming capability.